Sunday, March 13, 2011

I feel compassion for the people

Mark 8: 2-3. “I feel compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. 3 If I send them home hungry, they will collapse on the way, because some of them have come a long distance.”

I am comforted to read of the God that we have - one who feels compassion for us. One who notices our plight and understands our needs and frailties. He knows how long we have been with Him. He knows that those who are with Him needs food - what a refreshing change from some task-oriented leaders that we serve.

While it is easy for me to blame my superiors, how do i behave as a leader, or husband or father? Am i also compassionate and look into their needs?  Do i know who are my sheep - my co-workers, my ministry members (those that have come a long way to learn and work with me)? Do i know how long they have been with me, and, how hard it is for them to remain with me? Do i know if their needs are met?  Do i know that they may faint if their needs are no met? Do i care if they faint?

Can I not look on those around me with eyes of compassion and feel compassion for them? Am i more complacent rather than compassion for people? After a while of working with people, compassion can be lost easily, and we may tend to treat people as just "these people" like what the disciples said in verse 4.

Today I am reminded to have true compassion for those around me and not to be quick to judge my leaders for not showing compassion to me.

No comments: