Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"though it is smaller... yet.. it grows"

Can small insignificant things/people ever amount to much? They can.

Mark 4:30-34, "though it is smaller.. yet when it is sown, it grows up and becomes larger than all ... so that birds of the air can nest under its shade." Though this verse refers to the Kingdom of God, I felt that this word spoke to me this morning. God can turn things around. Here, from smallest to the largest. In Eze 17:24, the reference passage, from a tender one, to a stately cedar. He will do it to make the dry tree flourish for His name sake.

God gave me hope in this passage. For me, I'm thankful that I'll grow even though I'm a small seed. I don't need to be the largest and never sought to be one. Here God's word encourages, in that there will be growth.

The growth here is for a specific purpose, not for myself. Its that the 'birds can nest under its shade". Rest is a more common word for me, but enable others to nest is new. I'm reminded here to be strong and cooperate with others to en-nest others.

Fresh word this day to "grow up and form larger branches" so that others can nest under it. Its a scary word if its all up to me. But its a comforting word, when He is the source of power and enabling.

Help me to respond alright Lord.

No comments: